Friday, February 26, 2010

Olympic Knitting

In anticipation of spending many hours glued to my television this week with the Vancouver 2010 Olympics coming to a close I cast on a simple knit. In other words mindless knitting.

Thus the beginning of the "simple yet effective shawl" from Laura Chau. Her original pattern calls for chunky weight wool, but I wanted an all season wrap so I used a worsted. Details and pattern link here at my Ravelry page. And true to my prediction I have been stuck to my couch I'm so proud of all our Canadian athletes they've been doing such a wonderful job, but amazing efforts from all countries teams really. (see including everyone...thats the Canadian way) By the end of the weekend this soft, simple shawl should be off the needles. Oh and speaking of needles I'm really liking the new circulars i picked up by chiaogoo.
            Happy weekending to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment