Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Easy Peasy Valentine's Chocolate

In the search for Valentine's day gifts I decided to skip our local box store and make what I could in my kitchen. Besides whats better then homemade chocolate bark I ask you? Nothing. It's the perfect treat and one batch makes a lot of gifts.

I used a 250g block of Joe's milk chocolate and a 250g block of Joe's white chocolate, broke each into separate bowls and melted over a double boiler. Stirred until smooth and glossy and spooned the milk and white chocolate in a checker pattern onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet. To finish just swirl the two together with a knife and let cool and set. Once completely cooled break into pieces, wrap in pretty paper, tie with a ribbon and add a handwritten note. Done, easy!


When it comes to holidays and gift giving I always have the urge to "bend" our budget, but in the end I know I can still give lovely gifts no matter how simple or easy they are. A little handmade love can mean a lot.

Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment