Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2 - A little bit of knitting

So yes this post is about knitting but it's also a little bit about giving back to your community and sharing what you can. Even small things make a difference and this is one of my simple favourites all you need to do is knit squares! There's nothing easier than a 40 stitch square (4.5mm needles) right?


 I knit these out of 100% acrylic yarn for easy washing and care they're the perfect stash buster, I've already used up a couple of part skeins that were too small for other projects. I was originally just going to drop off the squares at the Huntsville (Ontario) Hospital where volunteers sew them together into blankets to take to the Chrysalis Women's Shelter, however I have so much stash yarn that I'm trying to work these up quickly so I can donate fully completed blankets instead. I'm really hoping I've got enough yarn and time to get at least two finished. If anyone is looking for an easy way to clear up some yarn mounds ;) .....just knit squares and make a difference!
 Of course that's not all I'm knitting I still have some Holiday gifts left on the needles like the Old Shale Blanket which is planned for some good friends who are expecting their first baby! I love how easy this is to work up, the pattern repeats are easily memorized and I can still cart it around with me in the car to work on because of it's tiny recipient's size.
 I'll have more projects to share in the coming days but for now of course I'm off to knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment