Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New name and a new pattern!

I've decided to give my little blog a new name, knitting seems to have stolen my sanity so I might as well give in to it... it's always best to humour obsessions...especially ones as consuming as yarn and knitting. But I really do have to give credit to my hubby for the new name because he's the one who thinks I knit too much ( really what's too much?) and that I drink way more caffeine than I should (pshaw to that) so thus to him I became the Jittery Knitter and it just seems to have stuck.

Anyways on to the pattern bits, you know the good stuff. I was in Little Red Mitten and I happened to pick up the last skein of Wisdom Poems Yarn in colourway 172 ( they really are small balls at only a 109 yards) but it was sooo pretty in all it's pink and teal glory and I just couldn't leave it there alone now could I? So home it came and then I was left with the dilemma of deciding what to do with this lovely lonesome ball....and that's how My Poems Single Skein Wristlets came to be ( now don't get me wrong they are very simple to make so it's really a pattern in the loosest sense)

Poems

Materials: One skein of Wisdom Poems Yarn (109 yards), a set of 4mm size 6 dpn's and a needle for sewing in the ends.

For first cuff start working from inside the skein and cast on 44 stitches.
Knit in 2x2 rib for 5 1/2" inches.
At start of next row K2 P1 cast off 7 stitches continue in rib pattern for the rest of the row.  ( If you want a smaller thumb opening cast of a smaller number e.g. 5 stitches...just remember to cast back on the same number you cast off)
Next row K2 P1 re-cast on 7 stitches ( or same number you cast off) and continue in rib pattern for another 1" inch.
BO in rib pattern. Weave in all ends.

For the second cuff work pattern exactly the same only start working from outside of the skein.


Which will leave you with just enough to make two of these little guys! And no waste...even better! Perfect for gift tags which is what I'm intending to use this year.


1 comment:

  1. Are these knit in the round. How many dpns did you use?

    ReplyDelete