Monday, March 8, 2010

Jumping on the no shampoo bandwagon

I've finally worked up the courage to try the no shampoo thing, this on my part has taken a lot of consideration. I am one of those people who has to wash my hair everyday, it's very fine and gets oily faster than you would believe.  After a lot of looking around and taking in a ton of information this is the formula I've come up with to suit me.

First I washed out really well two old shampoo bottles and got to work.
 For the first mixture add:
1/4 cup of baking soda
+
3/4 cups of warm water
Into one of your bottles and shake really well (make sure to shake each time you use it)
This one I apply to my dry hair and work it in really well and let it sit for a couple minutes than rinse well.

For the second mixture add:
1/4 cup vinegar
+
1 cup water
+
1 Tbs vanilla extract
Into second bottle and shake well.
This one I apply after I've rinsed out the first baking soda mix, work it in really well and let it sit for a couple minutes and rinse.

So far this is seems to be working and the vinegar smell is completely covered by the vanilla ( my husband says it smells like I've been baking all day lol). To make application easier I put it in as you would when colouring your hair line by line right to the scalp. That seems to work the best for me, hopefully this sticks, we'll see I'm still on the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment