Saturday, March 7, 2009

Japanese Craft Books and Local Craft Stores

Last night I made my first foray into the much talked about www.yesasia.com from which I am now excitedly awaiting my first shipment of craft books. Bring on the end of March!

Today I also took a little trip to my local craft shop with my Grams and my mom, came home with a few treasures of which I am now eagerly plotting their futures. Although my fave is a single fat quarter of the Grinch, I just happened to look over as I was ringing out and HAD to have it I love the Grinch! Unfortunately there was only the one so I am now faced with the daunting task of finding the perfect project that doesn't involve a lot of cutting I want to keep as much of the pattern in play as possible. Any Ideas? Me either.

Later this evening I think I will start a set of quilted coasters for my living room. The other day the idea just came to me that I wanted fabric coasters and so that was the inspiration for my fruitful search today. Along with the unexpected Grinch find I also came across a lovely piece of cotton that I plan to make a new softy out of. So good luck to me on that. Anyways I'm off to get crafty.

No comments:

Post a Comment